Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Semana 44 in 9 de Octubre (November 24th, 2014)

Hey everybody!

This week was awesome as always!
For my birthday on Monday all the missionaries from Secada and 9 de octubre went to the stake Presidents house. We ate barbecued alligator and played soccer, that was pretty fun.
We were pretty focused all this week on finding new investigators and families to teach. We have for sure been seeing the fruits of our labors in reactivation and have several families coming back to church. We're just being very patient waiting to find investigator families that will progress. Our area is very small and it seems like literally every person here has been taught at least once by the missionaries which leads us to some more creative finding techniques!
It has been HOT HOT HOT!!! Like I thought I was used to hot, but for real I am telling you I was dying this week. And this is gonna sound really weird and dont judge me, but the jungle makes you smell B.A.D. Like not your normal kind of bad. Like a really weird smell. There is no getting around it, there is no perfume or deoderent strong enough to hide it. And EVERYONE smells weird. But you know at least we all smell like really weird sourdough bread together. So there-s your probably didnt want to know fact for the day!
Hermana Burrell and I are really trying to keep our batteries going strong and give this area our all. Weve been fasting and praying for the ennabling strength to do it because sometimes I feel like such an old lady. Having lessons every half hour all day long really is exhausting and really cant be done with out some extra heaven sent help. But there is no better kind of exhausted than the one I feel when Im practically falling asleep on my face during nightly planning, sign of a good day well spent. Full Chamba!
This week I was studying and reflecting a lot on our physical bodies here on the Earth.  Part of the Plan of Salvacion was that we were to come here to the Earth to receive a physical body and pass through human experiences. When we found this out we rejoiced, so happy to finally receive one of the greatest things we had never had, a physical body.  It is so sad to me how astute Satan is to make so many people hate one of the most precious gifts God has given us, our bodies.  It truly is a temple, a kind gift or present from our loving Heavenly Father. One thing I realized for the first thing in my life this week is that I am not my body. I am my soul, who is dwelling inside this temple that was given to me. Only I am responsible of how it is cared for and I am the one who must love it and take care of its needs.  Its like a gardener who cares for the little plants, giving them sunlight and water so that they can grow and develop. When we put crap in our bodies, it would be like watering a plant with gasoline, our overeating is like pouring 10 gallons of water on a poor little flower.  We really must come to fall in love with the physical bodies that God has given them and care for them like a loving gardener.  If we hate our bodies, that is like telling your mom you absolutely hate the brand new BMW she just bought you. Its silly and rude.  I may not love the way I have cared for my body, or what a year of greasy rice and carbs has done to it, but I sure am grateful for it and love it a whole lot.  My perspective was changed a lot and I think we should all love and care for our bodies a little bit better than we have been.
I love you all and hope you have a great, spirit filled week!

Love,
Hermana Benyo

Photos
1. Me and my district buddies
2. Us in front of some weird post apocalyptic looking olympic rings outside of the stake presidents house
3. A freaky bug we saw
4.  Barbecued alligator, YUM!





No comments:

Post a Comment