Thursday, February 27, 2014

Semana 7 in Tarapoto


My favorite staircase to our room
 Our Room

Eating granadilla (a fruit)

Hello my family and friends!!!

Another week passed here in Tarapoto and I can hardly believe it. time is passing so quickly it's blowing my mind.
This week was a little rough, with a lot of appointments falling through, but the good news is that we've been teaching some great families, two of which came to church on sunday!

We had zone conference this week with President Gomez, and man he really is the best! He really does such a good job showing he cares about us and his training was really good. Since I'm newer, I still don't really know him that well, but I already love him! We learned that we need to pray more fervently and focus more on teaching families.
This week we had district conference (Tarapoto doesn't yet have a stake or wards, it's a district of 4 branches).  So there have been rumors flying that in this conference they would announce that Tarapoto is gonna be a stake. Because it's a district, The mission president presides, and President Gomez was there. Unfortunately they announced that it isn't ready yet to be a stake because not enough tithing is being paid. In the conference they spoke about the importance of tithing and commandments and 'being pioneers' to build up the church.  It was good, and I think that it was good to excite the members to keeping working and moving forward.  

This week we are teaching a sister named Alicia, who is the mother of a sister named Marisol. Her husband is a recent convert and she attended conference and has been praying and doing well. 

We also found a new family named Richard and Nati. They are former investigators of another companionship a year or so back. They are younger and are really smart and understand a lot, so we don't have to teach quite as simple as with our other investigators. They are also recently married which is AWESOME, because that is usually an obstacle here. Richard attended conference on sunday and we are excited to continue teaching them!

This week I have really been focusing on studying the scriptures and knowing them, really really knowing them and how to apply them to help teach.  I'm so greatful for the scriptures and my testimony of their power has really grown here.

I love you all! Write me and tell me about your lives!

Love,
Hermana Benyo

No comments:

Post a Comment