Sunday, August 31, 2014

Semana 31 in Punchana (August 25th, 2014)

This week was full of surprises.

We had zone conference and it was awesome. We talked a lot about hastening the work and how our pace has to keep up with the pace of the lord. We need to walk faster, focus more---harder, better, faster, and stronger! In our mission we are now planning differently to be able to have a lesson every thirty minutes.  It's new but I already love it, I feel like I am able to cover so much more ground. I always love zone conference, it is like our mini general conference specifically for us missionaries and I always walk out feeling like I can conquer the world.  But it was fun because I got to see old friends from another zone.
So a couple days ago we were walking and some guy yelled at Hermana Lozano 'Hola Paisana!' which means a person from the same country as you. She turned around to tell him that she's not peruvian, she's Mexican, and as she did that she stepped bad and sprained her ANKLE. and now she can't walk for a WEEK. Some lady came and massaged her foot with oil and pushed on the bumps and she screamed and now she has it all wrappped up. She's gonna rest real good and Our pensionista, Hermana Rosalia is taking good care of her so that she can heal up nice. But the moral of the story is that I won't have a companion for a week which is a little bit stressful because now all of our investigators are having major problems and we're feeling a bit frustrated because we have been here two months and still don't have much to show for it. BUT....I'm gonna keep working hard and not get discouraged even though I'm working alone, I know the Lord will help me to find people who are prepared and help our current investigators.  But for real please pray for me because I need all the help I can get this week.  
But hope you all have a great week and I love you!

Hermana Benyo

Photos:
 Zone Punchana

 Hermana Linford and Hermana Ruesch---friends since the start in Tarapoto!

Hermana Simonson--this lady goes home in two weeks! my sister leader in 9 de Octubre, she is someone who has helped me SO much in my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment