Monday, March 24, 2014

Semana 11 in Tarapoto (March 24, 2014)

Hi Everyone!

This week was fun and I can't believe I've already been with Hermana Salinas a month and a half. Changes are tomorrow so I will let you know if anything happens! Everything is going great and this week we had a mini zone conference with President and Hermana Gomez. They trained us on Family History work and how we can use it as missionaries to help our investigators. It was really cool and eye opening. We then had a training just us hermanas with Hermana Gomez and talked out our struggles and challenges here as missionaries and it was really awesome. I love President and Hermana Gomez, they are the best and like parents away from my parents. This week Hermana Salinas and I have been working really hard to focus on the needs of the people we are teaching whatever they may be, praying harder for them and being better listeners. I have noticed a real difference as a missionary and a more real and profound love for every person that I talk to. Our message is a message of love and is more powerful when it is shared with real, sincere love.
On wednesday we were teaching up on the mountain when it started pouring rain--like that true rainforest style rain that I love, but unfortunately there's no moto taxis to escape into up there, so we just had to climb down in the pouring rain and we were completely soaked and my agenda got completely soaked through but hey, we had fun.
On Saturday we are proud to say that our investigator Richard got baptized! Yay! We are so excited for him and he bore a very powerful testimony afterwards about how the gospel has changed his life and inspires him to be a better husband and father every day. His wife and daughter came to the baptism as well and we are teaching them as a family. He is the best and such a great person, I know he's gonna go far!
So that's about all I've got to share this week, and I'll talk to you all next week!
Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Benyo


No comments:

Post a Comment