Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Semana 54 in 9 de Octubre (Feburary 2nd, 2015)

I'm pleased to announce that after over 14 months in Peru, 6 trips to Lima, 1 to Ecuador and 1 to chile, I finally have my visa!!!! YAY!!
No, but this week was pretty good. My trip to Lima was actually really awesome, normally those little trips can get you unfocused but this time really helped me, it gave me some time to sit and reflect about my work and my area and all the people were teaching and how I can get better. I got to catch up with one of my first district leaders who is now serving as zone leader in Pucallpa.  We were talking about the early days in our missions, when he was my district leader he had barely six months and me and my companion had just finished our training and were opening an area.  We really had no idea what we were doing and when we prayed to set our monthly goal we came up with the number 8. 8 baptisms that month was our goal. I had no idea that it was a high goal but to me it felt right.  The other new missionaries in my district set super high goals as well and I just remember people looking at us like...yeah right...But that month we worked SOO SO hard to achieve that goal. And although we didnt get eight, we baptized a family of 5 which wasnt bad for our first month in a newly opened area.  Talking about this reminded me that with time we sometimes fall into conformity.  Although I have much more time and experience than I did back then, I have never been so dedicated to do achieve a goal. When I got back from Lima I was feeling pretty good, and since then we have been dedicated and committed to achieve our inspired goal.
This week flew by and I honestly can't remember what even happened, but I know that we worked hard and thats what counts.
Sorry this letter is short and semi-boring, but hope you all have a good week!
Also happy birthday Spencer!!! Can't believe you're already 23! That makes me feel old.

Love you all!

Hermana Benyo

No comments:

Post a Comment