Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Semana 21 in Iquitos (June 2nd, 2014)

This week was weird but good and we learned a lot.  We moved into our new house. It's a lot smaller and it doesn't have windows like our old house, but it's safer and were getting accustomed pretty fast.  We finished up the wedding papers for a family named Luz, Jaime, and their son Angel who is 8.  They have been investigatores for a loooooonnnnnng time and their finally taking that step and getting married this month. The municipality is having a massive wedding this month which makes things easier for all of us and it's a lot cheaper, so taht helps us out a lot as missionaries, it'll be on the 21st. They're really good, Luz is rock solid in church and in her testimony, and we are working with Jaime to help strengthen his testimony, read the Book of Mormon and resolve his questions.  We're also teaching a sister named Blanca.  She is seriously an angel. She was being taught by the elders but they had to pass us off to us because her husband didn't want to be taught, and she's so great it literally pains me to take their investigator from them and  that relationship they have with her. But honestly she has got to be the most spiritually prepared person I have met on my mission. Most of the time leaving lessons at her house I feel like I just got taught by her. She has had a tough life, her parents abandoned her as a child, but honestly she has the most amazing attitude about everything. The light of Christ just shines from her and she has this burning desire and hunger to learn more about the gospel to read the scriptures. I just love her attitude about life, I wish I could describe it to you, she sells food in her home and before was selling beer, but now after talking to the missionaries she stopped selling beer and sells her Chicha Morada (a peruvian koolaid like drink made from purple corn---tastes better than it sounds).  But she was just like ¨Hey I know that the Lord doesn't like when I seel alcohol and when I sell on sunday, so I stopped and it was a good paycut but I mean I'm not dead I'm still here, so we're all good!´. Wow I love her so much, and she and her beautiful little daughters are sooo so smart and ahhhhh. One lesson she told us about her childhood and how now that she's a mom she feels so blessed to have her little girls and have them safe and give them the childhood she didn't have, and her eleven year old daughter Galadria, listening to her tell this story just started crying and hugged her mom and it was literally so sweet and tender that I cried a little too. Also, all her neighbors are telling her to stay away from the Church but she just testifies to them that she knows its true, and invites all her friends to Church. For real this sister is going to be future Relief Society president I'm tellin you.  But that's about it for this week! We got a new pensionista who makes breakfast for us now, her name is Hermana Lucy and she's awesome!

Love you all!
Sister Benyo

No comments:

Post a Comment