Sunday, May 11, 2014

Semana 16 in Iquitos (April 28th, 2014)



Hello my dear family!
Hope you are all doing fine, still can't believe you guys got another dog, but hey I'm pretty happy about that haha. Hermana Centeno and I had a fabulous week here in Iquitos, but what else is new I really feel like I'm living the dream here. We have a lot of new people who are preparing for baptism this month and several families who potentially may get married and baptized this month. Our area here in Las Colinas has some serious potential and we are working on turbo right now.  
We have a new investigator named Sofia who lives with a member, she is 19 years old and the definition of golden investigator. She's been attending church the last month and loves it. Our first lesson she expressed her desires to follow the Savior's example, start a new life and be baptized.  The second lesson in her prayer she asked Heavenly Father to help her to follow our example so that she can also serve a mission. We were smiling so big after that prayer. She has a such as sweet spirit, she literally glows. She is preparing for baptism on the 10th.
We are continuing to teach the soon to be son in law of the Torres Amias Family. His name is Segundo and he's really great as well. He's been praying to know if the Book of Mormon and the Church are true and he's said that he feels that it is. It's looking like we will be planning the wedding for them on the 17th.
It's pretty crazy because there's like three other families too that we could potentially be marrying and baptizing this month which could be a little stressful but we're way excited! May is gonna be a good one!
I've been thinking a whole lot lately about how great it is to be here. I'm exactly where the Lord wants me to be and there's literally no other place I would rather be. I love being a missionary and I love serving the Lord and his children.  I'm learning and stretching and growing in so many ways, dilligence, hard work, service, love and charity, humility, selflessness, focus....It's such a time of growing I wouldn't change it for the world. So thank you for supporting me out here. Thank you for the prayers, all of it. We never get discouraged here, because we're already on the winning side!
An update on Iquitos is that I realized recently that I literally don't even feel the heat anymore. It's completely normal and it's so sad to me that living this long in tropical heat and humidity with no air conditioning that I will shiver in anything less that 80 degrees. Yeah it's safe to say I'm officially not the Wisconsin girl I once was.  Update on the bats in our house, we haven't heard from them recently and the cucarachas have been keepin pretty quiet. Also the Elders in our ward have a huge monkey with a scary face living in the rafters of their house, so I mean yeah, I really can't complain.  Excited to call home in a couple weeks. All is well in Iquitos! Love you all, stay sweet, choose the right, and write me! 

Love, Hermana Benyo


No comments:

Post a Comment