Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Semana 4


My district and I celebrating Christmas! 


My companions and our Latina roommates! 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mi familia!!!
So another week has gone by at the CCM!
I found out this week that I will be leaving my district and advancing to a latino district for my last two weeks here in Lima! I´m seriously so sad to be leaving Hermana Talbert and my district but I know that it will be for the best and it will be cool to be in total and complete immersion. So the way that works is North Americans stay here for six weeks of language and gospel training, but latinos are only here for 2 weeks. So in the last four weeks that I have been here, there´s been 2 different rounds of latinos, and the third round will be the one I join for my last two weeks. So basically I´ll just be doing the basic 2 weeks of MTC training without language training...all in spanish with a latina companion...so that should be interesting!! I´m a little nervous.
Today was P-day and my district all gifted our secret santa gifts. It was super fun and we all got in the christmas spirit and wrapped up our presents, it was really cute.  Elder Largent loves the harmonica I got him and now all the Elders in our district got harmonicas and play hymns all the time.
We went proselyting again in North Lima on Saturday.  I got put in a trio with two Latinas and they were very good. I can tell my spanish is getting better because they don´t speak an ounce of english and I could plan the lesson with them and teach the people we were contacting as well.  We were back up climbing these dusty mountains with all the little houses built on the side of them. We met some really cool people and bore our testimonies. I´m becoming less and less timid about sharing the gospel and I love it. Today while we were shopping for p-day I gave out a plan of salvation pamphlet to a man on the bus so that was pretty cool!
 I´m getting really anxious to get out in the field and get to Iquitos, but 2 weeks to go!
I love you all and Merry Christmas from Lima!

Love,
Hermana Benyo

No comments:

Post a Comment